Pages

ORC WEEK 4: ACCESSORIZING

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I have been busy gathering accessories for our guest bedroom. I have an arsenal of goodies to choose from. In fact, way too many to choose from for this small space. And throughout the week I have been moving things around here and there to see what works and what doesn’t. I want the room to feel “finished” but I don't want it to look cluttered. Most importantly, since it is a guest room I want to make sure that there are enough flat surfaces in the room for guests to spread out their things. I want guests to feel like this is their home away from home. I want it to feel like their seaside retreat! 

Here is a sample of the items that I am working with. There are still 2 weeks left until the reveal and a whole lot can change between now and then. I have time to buy a few new things. But I also have time to do some serious editing.  You’ll just have to wait until the reveal in week 6 to see what accessories make the cut.

An original piece of art is always a nice touch.

A collection of some of my favorite design books.

A classic bedside clock.

New lamp finial...can't overlook small details.


Stacked in the corner of the room is a variety of glass;  collection of shells and rocks; boxes and books. What will stay? What will go? Stay tuned! 

A peek at the wicker basket that is definately a keeper!

Unfortunately, I have left the two biggest challenges for me to the very end: hanging drapes and installing a new light fixture. Here is the room in its current state:

If you are new to my site you can view my other One Room Challenge Posts here:

8 comments:

  1. Looks like it will be wonderful no matter which accessories you choose.You have great taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alana! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comment. I'm blushing..... you made my day!

      Delete
  2. That art is beautiful! Do you happen to have the source? I love abstract landscapes and the one you have is particularly lovely. Looking forward to seeing the accessories you choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased the art from the shop modern impressionist on Etsy.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Erin. The clock came from One Kings Lane. I bought it about a year ago.

      Delete
  4. Love everything you've picked out to add to the room. Everything is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER