Pages

ORC WEEK 5: FOCUS ON LIGHTING

Thursday, April 30, 2015


I’m still playing with accessories for the seaside guest bedroom. I keep moving things around. I live with them in one spot for a few days and live with it. Before you know it I am moving things around again.  I am sure this is something I will be doing until the final reveal next week. Yikes…next week.  However, My main focus this week has been on lighting. This has definitely been the biggest challenge by far.  As you can tell from the picture below, the existing light fixture in the room is outdated and way too small for the space. Plus, I would like to find something that will add a little more charm to the room.  



I have been searching the internet high and low trying to find the right light fixture for this room.  Then one day I realized I had a light fixture brand new in the box sitting in the garage. 


It was purchased for our former home. It was supposed to be installed in the dining room of our old place to help “stage” it while it was for sale. For a variety of reasons that never happened and we ended up moving the light fixture, brand new in the box and unopened, to our new home. It has sat in our garage for over two years. I was in the garage on day and saw the box. I thought to myself “why wouldn’t this light fixture work in the guest bedroom?”  And “Why had I not considered it before?”

So this week the box made its way inside the house (this past Sunday to be exact) but it will sit there until this weekend when it gets installed.  But at least after 2 years we finally opened the box.  The only change I am thinking to make is to add some simple light shades to soften up the look a bit for a bedroom.  I’m glad I will be able to use something I already had. Funny how I had been looking for so long only to realize that what I needed was right under my nose!


***By the way, does anyone know how to format pictures better using Blogger???





I have 1 week left to complete the challenge. This weekend I better get that light fixture hung...and the draperies too....YIKES!!!! So many other participants are so much farther along. I am feeling the pressure! I'll get there.....in the mean while, I better get back to playing with my accessories some more. I think I have all I need. It's just a matter of deciding on the perfect spot for each piece.  Please check back next week for the reveal.

If you are new to my site you can view my other One Room Challenge Posts here:


3 comments:

  1. This is going to be so good...can't wait to see the finale!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful choice! Can't wait to see your space next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love a chandy and this is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER